. Share any ideas you have regarding the applications of scoring/judging strategies to your customized curriculum unit.
. Share any ideas you have regarding the use of VTS in summative evaluations in general and or your curriculum unit in particular
I would like to mostly use performance assessment strategies which could best fit to the unit. Without adopting only one strategy, I would employ and mix several performance strategies such as group discussion, integrated performances and exhibitions in order to systematically evaluate the each process of whole unit. I haven’t made the assessment process in detail but I could roughly chalk out the assessment plan.
First of all, I would start the unit with a presentation including VTS discussion. Supposed that the unit is composed of 10 lessons, I would like to have more than 3times VTS discussions. The thing is that evaluating student’s performance in VTS discussion would be difficult if the students are more than 15 because every student can’t take same opportunity to talk. For teachers, it also would take a lot of time and effort to evaluate each student achievement in VTS discussion if the teacher use recorded video. Therefore, if the students are over 15, I would use evaluate through students’ writing like I evaluated my students’ achievement last semester. It is important for them to use how many words, adjectives, conditional expressions but I would more focus on how students develop the big idea through the continuous VTS discussions.
While students initially understand the big idea, FEAR through VTS discussions, the group discussion before art making process would give them a chance to more personalize and shape up the idea for making their own work of art. In this group discussion, they could not only share their experiences and ideas but also get ideas or be influenced by other’s experience. I would have students to evaluate each other’s idea in the group discussion through peer assessment strategy. I might make simple and clear criteria so that students could easily use them when evaluating.
Since the unit has two types of art making process, I need to evaluate two types of artworks per student. I would make rubric composed of affective, cognitive, expressive and psychomotor criterions. After artmaking processes, I would have an exhibition in order for students to appreciate others’ works and to evaluate them by using comparing and contrasting one another. Especially, because the artmaking of the unit is about to express me as a victim of the fearful object and as an object of fear, students would be excited to appreciate the two types of artworks which has opposite concepts about a person. This process would help students get actively involved in meaning making process. I would provide assessment sheets for each of artworks and have students to evaluate them according to certain criteria and to give a comment on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment