Mindwork: Create a Time Line
I agree with the author that it is very important to create a time line in order to successfully conduct a research. Based on my inventory of my personal and academic obligations, I tried to make a time line for my research project.
Since I need to stay in U.S until June 2013, I don’t think it is possible for me to observe and interview participants in Korea. However, because my research contains the process to compare and contrast American students and Korean students, I need to be done observing and interviewing American participants before I go back to Korea. The following is a rough time line for my research.
July 2012~ Aug 2012: Planning and Gathering participants.
Sep 2012 ~ Mar 2013: Observing and Interviewing American students and participants.
(Because of my personal and academic obligation such as having a second baby, finishing a master’s program, a graduation project, I hardly focus on the research during this year.)
Apr 2013 ~ May 2013: Gathering materials and Collecting and Organizing data
Jul 2013 ~ Aug 2013: Observing and Interviewing American students and participants.
Sep 2013: Analyzing and Interpreting data
Oct 2013: Writing
Nob 2013: Revising
Mindwork: Find a Grant Source
Searching funding agencies on the internet, I found it is pretty hard to find sources related to a research grant for classroom research project in Korea. I might need to spend more time searching. Or it would be a better idea for me to personally call or email them for introducing my research and find out whether they could offer a grant. To choose the agencies I would contact, I considered the agencies’ purposes, philosophy and background information.
I might come in contact with the following educational agencies in Korea.
. Korean Educational Development Institute
. Korean Art Education Association
. Korean Education and Research Information Service
. Korea Education Culture Promotion Institute
No comments:
Post a Comment