Thursday, November 15, 2012

Final Project Proposal

Thinking about final project, I was wavering between the two great options. They both would be so good and certainly enable me to synthesize all I have learned and realized from this course. Anyway, I decided to choose option1, artistic thinking instructional plan for my final project because I thought it is more practical and useful for my future teacher’s life. Working on various assignments on this course, I could be more aware of studio thinking concept in terms of new technology young generation are mad about. I think, though creating instructional plan, I could ponder how to facilitate creative studio thinking concept with new technology and how to encourage my students to explore and experiment, looking for their own artistic ways.
Below is my idea for the instructional plan.

Creating PSA (Public Service Announcement or Advertisement) Video
Level: Middle school students Grade 6~Grade 8
Technology: Videotaping, Video Editing, Video making program such as iMovie, Window movie maker


As technology has rapidly developed, most young students could easily get personal video devices and use them. Besides, as internet speed is highly improved, UCC(User Created Contents) has become very popular on the internet and video making software programs has been broadly used for UCC. I believe video making programs are certainly fantastic tools for young students to make their own artworks by using and mixing their images, videos, sounds and music.


Below Youtube videos could be good sources used for inspiring my students.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jooyoung! I love the PSA idea and was jotting it down in my own note earlier as a stepping stone towards documentaries I will eventually produce with my iPad lab.

    You have selected some good examples. Powerful. As you develop your idea I would also encourage you to find PSA examples that are lighter in nature (content) as well. (Renewable energy or what have you) Although there is nothing wrong with getting kids thinking about this intense stuff, its also likely to stir strong feelings (In kids and parents) and you need to be ready to deal with that.

    That aside, PSA's are an excellent format to be thinking about and putting into use all the ideas we've been working with. Cant wait to see more.

    On a side note, hope you're doing well and your new daughter is sleeping some so you can too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, That's great point. The examples would be too heavy for students, considering their age. I might deal with this project with higher grade students. You're right. That would be better to show students examples which are about lighter subjects something like pollution or animal protection if I work with middle schoolers.

    ReplyDelete