I enjoy multitasking when I encounter moments that really need me to do more than one work at the same time. Sometimes, I just do it because it could bring more satisfaction, pleasure or excitement while I am working. So I positively think of multitasking and almost completely understand young generation’s madness about multitasking. Besides, I don’t think that multitasking does not necessarily bring negative effects to education even though there are distinct limitations multitasking hardly come over. From my experience, there are when multitasking is a great help to improve efficiency while there are when it decrease not only efficiency but also perfection. In other word, multitasking is, sometimes, beneficial and useful but, sometimes, unhelpful and valueless. In my case, multitasking never positively work when I am working on writing however, multitasking like listing to music, drinking favorite beverage or talking to friends on the phone could not only make me pleased, relaxed and joyful but also bring more inspirations while working on creating artworks. Therefore, I believe there must be some parts education needs to broadly apply multitasking for better educational results or effectiveness. Rosen also points out in the chapter 4.
“Of course, fundamental limitations in multitasking skills that are caused by limited human mental resources have to be taken into account. Recognizing that certain task combinations should be avoided, there ought to be some tasks that can be combined without interfering tasks at the same instant but are alternating between tasks."
Rosen’t three guide lines help me have a better understanding about multitasking and suggest how I could bring and apply multitasking to my own classroom. I think it is very important that I as a teacher need to keep studying and doing my own research through observing and experimenting in order to figure out how multitasking could effectively work in my own classroom.
I really enjoy reading Hetland’s chapter 5 & 9. Comparing to my experience, I found many agreeable points. Since arts studio lessons needs students to do a lot of exploration and experiment, Studio Habit of Mind Hetland emphasizes could be fostered and developed through art classes. Students could learn how to take care of technique, materials, mediums and tools and how to make better results by using them. I believe this whole process has many in common with science. Through this learning process, students could develop various abilities such as creativity, critical thinking skills and risk taking behaviors. In terms of that, art teachers have to take into account many considerations when they are making studio lesson plans.
Since I am not confident about making crafts, studio lesson has been the scariest parts to me even though I am trying to improve myself. The detailed examples this text shows certainly gave great tips how to foster students’ Studio Habit of Mind. Reading real experiences, I could understand how to bring and apply teaching methods for art studio to my classroom. The wonderful thing is that I also come up with new ideas influenced by other professional teachers’ experiences in this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment