. Compare/contrast Hadjioannou’s findings with your own VTs experience to date
Is VTS impacting relationships in your classroom that are, in turn, enhancing teaching & learning? Explain.
Is VTs impacting classroom management / behavior in any ways Explain.
Since my classroom is not actual classroom in school but only for VTS lessons, I guess my answers and perspectives are somewhat limited. However, from my experiences with the continuous VTS lessons, I strongly believe that VTS is positively impacting relationships between students and between students and teacher which enhances teaching and learning. I still remember when before I had the first VTS lesson. There were some resistances and hatred toward the lesson because my students initially expected that the lesson would unilaterally proceed and there are no motivating dialogues. Now, unlike their initial expectation, they are enjoying and so excited about the discussion and most of them actively participate and contribute to the learning process. Besides, I feel like we gradually trust each other in the process. They have a really good understanding about what I want them to do and what I expect in the process. I think the effect is much greater because I work with a small group.
As students’ desire of exploring the images is stronger, their behaviors were getting close to exemplary. They show positive and obedient reactions to my direction and rules. Even though my classroom is not actual classroom, I am pretty sure that VTS discussion could positively influence on not only classroom management but also students’ behavior since the constant VTS discussion could build credibility and trust between students and teacher through respectful and supportive way without negative form of discipline.
You may not have a physical classroom in the traditional sense, but you have clearly created an emotionally safe and intellectually rigorous yet inviting space in which your students are learning! That is clear by the evolution of their attitudes since the first VTS lesson last semester. You and your students have grown into an exemplary classroom, even if there are no traditional physical walls. I congratulate you!
ReplyDelete